Friday, December 6, 2013

Tools for Students and Teachers

Happy Friday Everyone!

As I was scrolling through Twitter this morning I stumbled upon a post from Edudemic. This post was a link to an article citing 20 tech tools every educator should know about. You can read the article by clicking here.

We do already use a few of these tools in class, but I am looking forward to trying some new ones as well! I recommend checking out a few!

Writinghouse.org is a citation generator. Students can easily create bibliographies.

For Science and Social Studies supplements and activities check out, Exploratorium  and iCivics. Exploratorium is a learning laboratory to encourage exploration and lead to profound learning. iCivics also provides interactive and engaging learning resources.

I also recommend HowStuffWorks. Their premise is simple: Demystify the world and do it in a simple, clear-cut way that anyone can understand.

The last site I want to tell you about is DoSomething. This site features weekly calls to action to encourage kids to collaborate with the goal of making a positive social change.

No comments:

Post a Comment